On Wednesday, the day before her birthday, she was exiled to the toy room upstairs. Every time her soft footsteps tried to pad down the stairs, the kids would all yell "No, Sophia, not yet". They were all busy creating, crafting, buying, wrapping for her. It was really sweet to see them all work so hard.
Georgie found some of his toys that Sophia liked and wrapped them up for her...
Lydia bought her a puzzle and some candy, gave her some money, made her a card, made her a bracelet and made her a doll dress (with some help from her very sewing illiterate and slightly stressed mother).
I don't know who was more excited, Lydia or Sophia!
Julia made Sophia a piggy bank out of a big Taco Seasoning Mix jar, and broke it in with some coins.
Meleah worked hard knitting (with a Knifty Knitter from Aunt Terry) Sophia a new purse, and then her slightly stressed sewing Mother helped her sew an insert with a zipper to make it a little more secure so her precious treasures would not fall through and out. She also saved up and bought her a bag of plastic animals. The purse came out beautiful, I thought.
Davey bought her a real Hershey's bar, which he wrapped in like 300 layers of wrapping paper to make it more fun. I think she had completely given up hope. Even Davey looks doubtful, doesn't he, like...did I really remember to wrap it??
My friend Alcira tucked $2.000 for ice cream in her piggy bank, and when Sophia discovered it later, she insisted on calling her right away and thanking her for it. It was SO sweet to hear her use her fledgling Spanish, she did VERY well!
Then there were presents from Uncle Chip and Aunt Dawnie...cheerleading pom-poms and MEGAPHONE (not shown for your ear drum protection)! (We are threatening to buy Chip a deluxe 12 piece drum set with Jumbo Cymbal Attachment for Christmas :-).) Thank you Uncle Chip and Aunt Dawnie!
And from Uncle Eldon and Aunt Terry....a pet sitter's toy! Thank you, Uncle Eldon and Aunt Terry!!
...and new un-holey clothes
And from Mommy and Daddy...a Littlest Pet Shop toy and a maze book!
But before all that, I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast (and gluten free muffins for the boys), and then we ORDERED PIZZA for lunch(and Daddy, Davey and Georgie had chili, poor guys). Happy happy lunch!!
Cake Time! Aunt Dawnie Pooh sent down some flamingo decorations (which sadly did not make it in any of the pictures, but which looked great with the cake and the confetti she also sent down), and since Sophia's favorite color is pink, we went with the flamingo theme. A neighbor friend came over, and a friend of mine, but somehow they evaded the pictures along with the flamingo decorations, but they did enjoy the cake! Dawnie had also sent down some paper drink glasses decorated with hearts, and I found some matching napkins in my drawer! A well coordinated event, I thought. (She also sent down straws, and the kids have been slurping happily ever since.)
(Of course, I haven't checked her cousin Chloe's blog yet who turned 5 years old 6 days before Sophia :-).)
1 comment:
Your boys deserve pizza! I finally found a GF recipe that has been family approved! Let me know if you want it.
Abrazos!
-Nikki
Post a Comment