Does she look chubby? But then, look who's talking!
We took Tinta to the vet today, and he confirmed that she is indeed pregnant. (Maybe that's why she got kicked out of her old house and found us) He listened to all the little heartbeats, and I will tell you I got aaaaalmost as teary-eyed as my own pregnancies. Birth/pregnancy is a miracle! The kids were SO excited. He said he could feel 2 or 3 puppies, but that sometimes 1 or 2 more are hiding in there. At first he said due day is about a week away, and then he changed his mind and said 3-4 days.
We are having church in our community building starting this Sunday for the month of September and Sunday School at our house, so I need to figure out a way to keep the 30-some kids from traipsing in and out of where she is, the vet said keep things calm for her. Is that possible in a house with 6 kids? When she's sleeping in the laundry room that I am in and out of all day? I'm hoping she will rest peacefully in the patio, in spite of my presence, which I will try to keep as unobtrusive as possible.
I'm thankful to have a friend, Nicole Gallagher, who has bred dogs and allayed a lot of my birthing fears! Check out her blog complete with birth pictures...
http://www.gallagherfarm.com/blog/?p=74
So after the news we celebrated and bought Tinta some purina puppy chow and liver which we cooked up and she is looking very content and motherly, but still very attentive in the kitchen.
Exciting days ahead...we will keep you "posted".
No comments:
Post a Comment