Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Budding Artist



There are buses that go by here, with a man hanging out the door yelling "Chia, Chia, Chia, Chia, Chia" (a city just north of here), we call it trolling for passengers. They are only one story buses, though, not three stories like Georgie's. I think they should consider driving a nice looking bus like this one, at least until they get to the next bridge! I couldn't figure out how to scan it in darker, but I think you can get the idea of it.

Besides being an artist, Georgie is also a mathematician. He has mastered the concepts of negative numbers, places to thousands, multiplying, dividing, all this besides pestering all day long with math questions (What is 4+4? What is 8+8, what is 16+16, what is 32+32, what is 64+64, what is 128+128, what is 256+256, what is 512+512, what is 1024 + 1024, what is 2048+2048, what is 4096 + 4096? What is 8192+8192? What is 16384+16384? Until I give up! Then he starts over with...what is 11+11? 22+22? 44+44? 88+88...etc...until I have to beg for mercy!) Is it any wonder, then, that my birthday card had a huuuuge cake with 46 candles meticulously drawn on it?


2 comments:

Janie or Laura said...

How a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e! ....
...Is Georgie almost .....6 now?
Wow!
Good job, Georgie!

~Janie Bell~

{ps We pray for your family almost every day!}

Renee Easter said...

Thanks, Bells! You made my day!! I am praying for you guys, too. Tell your mom I pray for her every time I wear one of the jackets she gave me, which is often!

Georgie is 5 1/2 already.

We miss you guys! Lydia still has a wallet she won at the Girl's Bible Study at your house. It is a great memory for her and Meleah. Thanks for building into their lives.