While I don't have any pictures to prove it, Mother's Day was a great day! All month long, the kids were coloring me pictures and doing extra things around the house.
The night before the official Mother's Day, someone was having a party, so David and I put on the fan in our room, which even with towels hung over it, sounds like the hum of a 747 when you're sitting over the wings. We were awakened at 6:40 by a quiet knock-knock-knock on the door. It was all the kids, with Davey proudly holding a plateful of eggs. This was followed by Meleah bringing some juice, Davey bringing graham crackers, kiwi and apple slices and Meleah bringing down oatmeal. All in all, I think I ate for 45 minutes straight! After church, Davey peeled a mountain of potatoes to make mashed potatoes, and Meleah helped make the hamburgers. In the afternoon, they gave me two candy bars and the day before, they brought flowers. They really spoiled me. Aaaaaah, and most importantly, David let me have a nap to make up for the 6:40am wake-up call!
Blog Archive
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love all the updates and PICTURES! Everyone is growing SO fast. I love you, Bethie
Post a Comment