Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Home again, home again, for home-cooked gruel

Here is a picture of Davey's birthday party. I was feeling really sick after 2 weeks of diarrhea the day of his party. But in spite of lack of planning, some guests showing up an hour early and everything feeling really thrown together, I think Davey had a great time. He had a dog themed birthday party, with dog games, so I had gotten all the kids whistles. At one point, I had to run home from the clubhouse where we had it, and I could hear the whistles all the way in our house with the door closed. I'm sure all our neighbors were thrilled with me!









Here is Lydia and George. She loves him so much...a little too much, if you know what I mean!

We think she is going to grow up and be a dentist, because for over a month she has been fixated on her teeth. Several times a day she will ask if her teeth are growing, and open her mouth as wide as a hippo for us to take measurements. It's amazing how many times she thinks of asking that question when her mouth is full of food!












First days of school below! I was in Florida for their first days. David said they cried for two hours the first two days. Then he had the bright idea of promising cookies afterward if they didn't cry. After that, they gave quick high-fives and were on their way. I'm amazed how quickly they've adjusted considering it's an all Spanish school (other than an hour or two of English classes every week, which they'd BETTER pass!). Their teachers seem really nice.


No comments: