Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Home again, home again, busy as can be!

Georgie is FAMOUS at the school where Davey and Meleah go. It is like he is a movie star. There are certain girls who come running and screaming "Georgiiiiiieeee" as soon as we arrive. It is followed by comments like "Hermoso (handsome), lindo (pretty), divino (divine)", and many other adjectives. Today they asked how old he was, and I said 14 months, they said "we WISH 14 years!". David has made our front "yard" (postage-stamp size) look really nice. It has transformed the feel of the place from rental-unit to home! Maybe Georgie will have a green thumb like his dad. For now we know he at least has a black mouth, a definite trait of an aspiring young horticulturist.
Georgie is such a happy boy and stays VERY busy with whatever he can find.
Here is a picture of Julia. When I tell the bible story at night, the kids are usually full of questions, some related to the story and some not. Julia really stumped me with this one, and please feel free to leave your opinion in the comments. "Does God love mean bears?" Here is a picture of Georgie playing in the sink under Meleah's careful care. She is really really responsible with him...usually! A side note, I had the kids at the park the other day when a guard passed by and started talking to me. He asked me how many kids we have, and was a little aghast that we have five. It's pretty unheard of here. MANY people when they find that out, feel they have to ask if we're planning on having any more. Answering that one stumped me for a while, but now I know how to handle it. I simply answer "maybe one or two". With that it was like the guard had been shot. His mouth dropped open and he took a step or two back. At exactly that point in time, Lydia started screaming from the monkey bars. She had reached out for them and was hanging there but couldn't go back up and was scared to drop. Leaving Georgie on the platform of the second playground, I darted over to Lydia and grabbed hold of her waist. Then I remembered Georgie, and glanced over to see him perching himself precariously at the top of the slide. "Georgie, NO", I yelled, "WAIT", trying to pull Lydia down from the jungle gym (wow, is she strong). Right when I gave Lydia good yank to get her down, Georgie let himself fly! And fly he did, right off the end of the slide, thankfully landing unharmed on the grass. He sat there stunned for a minute, then got up and headed right back for the ladder to try it again. I can only imagine what the guard was thinking about how this loony "gringo" was going to care for one or two more kids!

1 comment:

The Tribe said...

Renee, Thank you for the wonderful update filled with adorable pictures. I cannot believe how much the children have all grown. Meleah especially seems so grown up looking. Julia reminds me so much of Aunt Dawnie. Love, ~Beth for the Tribe