Blog Archive

Friday, August 12, 2011

Be careful what you pray for...

The kids are always always always asking for a dog. I personally don't care for them, all I see is the work. But I was beginning to have some weak moments. Kids use such convincing arguments. "We'll learn responsibility, it will improve our Spanish (of course, a Colombian dog will only understand Spanish, right?)". So about a month ago I prayed "Lord, if you really want us to have a dog, let a mutt show up that we don't need to spend time or money looking for". A few days later, a little black mutt showed up in the park. The kids and the guard pushed her back out the front fence where she had come in from, but she came right back in. They brought her home, and she came in not cowering at all, but rather knowing she was princess of the house. We have been working mainly on training her to do her business outside and not to jump up on the beds and couch. She is catching on! The vet thinks she is between 8 and 12 months old.

We named her Tinta (Inky). Davey's favorite joke here for our guests is "Do you want Tinta (Ink) or tinto (coffee with sugar)?" So Tinta it is.

She's a homely little thing, isn't she? 2nd grade dog!














Wow, already in 4th Grade!










Exhausted puppy!










I don't know who is happier, Julia or Tinta!

No comments: