CMML is running an "MK Corner" feature in their magazine, and asked us to interview the kids. She may post a few answers from each kid in an upcoming magazine.
But for anyone interested, here are the unedited results...
1. What do you like best about being a missionary kid?
Davey (10) - Getting to know their games here
Meleah (8) - To be friends with the people here and share food and my toys
Julia (6) - Helping Mommy and Daddy
Lydia (6) - I like having visits from the US
Georgie (4) - Giving food to people
2. What are your friends like where you live? Are they all other MKs or do you have a lot of foreign friends?
Davey (10) - Zero from where I belong
Meleah (8) - One of my friends was born in the US but raised here, and the others are Colombians
Julia (6) - One speaks English and the rest speak Spanish
Lydia (6) - I have only two friends, both are Colombians, but one knows English
Georgie (4) - I have a lot of foreign friends
3. How do you help your parents with their missionary work?
Davey (10) - By running errands because my dad has a bad ankle and can't run so fast, by carrying stuff
Meleah (8) - I help by answering the phone, serving food when we have company and helping Daddy get ready for Bible Club
Julia (6) - I help with cleaning the house and cooking. I love making stuff.
Lydia (6) - I help entertain people when we have company.
Georgie (4) - By giving my mommy toys and cards and pleasing the Lord
4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Davey (10) - It depends, scientist or war general
Meleah (8) - Vet
Julia (6) - Baker and help my friends learn about Jesus and help all the animals in Kenya
Lydia (6) - Vet
Georgie (4) - Airplane driver
5. What is the hardest part of being an MK?
Davey (10) - We have different lives from the Colombians, Colombia is dirtier than the US
Meleah (8) - That we can't have a dog where we live.
Julia (6) - When people come, it's hard to talk to them because of Spanish and a little hard because they are very friendly
Lydia (6) - Because I'm just a kid, I'm just six, I'm just starting first grade, so I haven't learned everything I need to yet.
Georgie (4) - Making my bed
6. What has God taught you on the mission field?
Davey (10) - How to ignore dirty words. How to show respect to people in this country.
Meleah (8) - God has taught me to love Him more and trust Him more and obey Him more.
Julia (6) - God helps me make friends and know about Him
Lydia (6) - God has taught me to speak friendly words and learn about the Bible
Georgie (4) - To give people things and to say please.
7. When someone asks where you are from, what do you say?
Davey (10) - I'd say I'm from a city called Waterloo
Meleah (8) - I say I'm from America, the state of Iowa
Julia (6) - Colombia or Iowa
Lydia (6) - Iowa and then I came here
Georgie (4) - Ummmmmm ummmmmmm
Blog Archive
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aunt Renee, your kids are so cute!
Hope you can visit while you're in IA!
-- Janie Bell
Great read, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment