I was craving cereal one night, which is expensive here, as I'm sure it is in the US. Anyways, I found some easy recipes for granola, so I combined and ad-libbed, and it came out delicious! Even Davey and Julia had seconds and thirds.
Granola
2 1/2 c quick cooking oats
1/2 c wheat germ
1/2 c sesame seeds
1/2 c oil
1/2 c honey (I didn't have any, so I used a little leftover syrup with sweetened condensed milk)
1 T cinnamon
1 T vanilla
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, and spread out on a big baking sheet. Cook at 300 about 20-30 minutes, until dry, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
You could add nuts and raisins.
Enjoy!
Blog Archive
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I bet the recipe was yummy with the sweetened condensed milk in it! That reminds me of a certain bear. "Would you like condensed milk with your bread "asked rabbit. "yes, but don't bother about the bread" Were the sesame seeds good? I have often thought about adding them to my granola but haven't as of yet. ~Bethie
Post a Comment