Blog Archive
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Bonjour, Madam
After about 4 days of rain, the sun came out and lightning fast the kids and I went out for a walk. I wanted to get them some bread from the breadstore at the end of our subdivision. After buying the bread, I decided to get some juice from a little store, also. I parked the stroller just outside the shop with George and Sophia in it, and the 4 older ones hovered around me. As I was making the purchase, I heard this very french accented male voice say "wzhat beautifouil zchildren zhou have". You have to picture a pear shaped man with a very kind face, hair so short it could almost be called a crew cut. Someone you could picture as the chef on a French cooking show. He was there with a friend who didn't say a word. Anyways, we had a kind of funny conversation switching between English and Spanish. Usually as soon as someone starts raving about the beauty of the kids, I try to change the subject. They are going to have the biggest heads. Anyways, I employed that tactic and found out he was visiting from England, although he is french, but then he quickly changed the conversation back to the kids. "wvhat beautifouil zchilzhren zhou have, zhjust like zheir mozther, hoiw many dew zhou have (looking at the kids), fouir?" I said six. I've had that stop conversations before, but not like this. He looked at me in disbelief, put his hand against his face so he could no longer see me, and turned away. I have been laughing about the conversation a long time, remembering my sister Beth imitating a lady with a french accent from her church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
don't let the kids read this, but..My wvhat beautifouil zchilzhren zhou have, zhjust like zheir mozther!!
I could eat that baby right up!
~Kari
Post a Comment