Andrea, a student, with Sophia and ... The whole class here on Monday
Lucho, Ellen, David, Irene, Christian, Liz, Andrea and Lydia up on Cerro Norte
(Liz, Ellen and Lydia are the ones helping us, Lucho came with us to Villa de Leyva when Sophia was born and didn't get the playground set up by himself :-))
Monday, we had the group over who wants to learn English, ten people in all. We served some hotdogs.
Tuesday a smaller group came, 5 teens. We fed them brownies and pop. The 3 girls are really enjoying their time getting to know them. It's fun to see them using their Spanish after being here so short a time. I'm not sure, but I think Liz's spanish and mine are around the same level. So it's fun to see what I think I sound like, if that makes sense. Anyways, around 4:15pm, I realized that the schedule says classes are from 3-5, but that all the students who were here live up on Cerro Norte, and David leaves for there at 6, so of course, they were all going to hang around and catch a ride rather than pay for a bus to get home an hour early, so that meant we were providing supper! YIKES. So I quick made a sort of pasta dish. I didn't know how they'd like it, as it's pretty unusual food for here, but several asked for seconds. I felt bad that there wasn't any extra to give them, but I was glad they at least must have liked it!
Wednesday, we had lots of company until 5:30. It was an exhausting day. Estella came at 10 to talk with David, the Flemings came over to say good-bye at 11. They left at 11:30. What a sad day! As David said, it's like our training wheels are being taken off. I made lunch, and around 1pm, a couple stopped by and then another lady and her 2 daughters. Then classes were done, and the kids from class were here. It's kind of funny, because all day the visitors were stressing how much I needed to rest, but with visitors, how can you?
Thursday the girls watched the kids so I got a nap and felt a little better, and the class has moved to our new house, so that helped, too. A little less chaos!
Friday we had a peaceful morning and lunch, then one of the girls for class came early at 1. The girls gave me a rest and watched the kids, and a couple of girls from church stopped by to see the baby. Everyone left at 3:00, and I have a chance to maybe finally finish the blog! I was trying to figure out why the titles to the pictures won't line up, but I give up! I think you all can figure it out.
1 comment:
Enjoyed the updates and am praying you will get your much needed rest. I love you, Bethie
Post a Comment