Lydia woke up and asked first thing, how long until her birthday. I said it's TODAY! No, she meant her NEXT birthday, when she turns 5! 365 more days, I said. We've only been counting down this one for around 45 days! I guess we're back to the countdown. She was ready to cry that she is only 4 not 5...it's hard to explain to her that the day will come when she wants to be a year younger, or skip the birthdays altogether!
She was also very specific about a beautiful pink cake with beautiful frosting and getting a beautiful pink bunny with beautiful white ears, everything being described in detail, with the word beautiful sprinkled liberally over all, until I was very nervous about the cake I made and the stuffed monkey we got her! Of course, she never mentioned the pink bunny until this morning! Well, the pink cake passed the test, and she forgot about the pink bunny for now at least!
Julia is just happy to be having a birthday, with a brown cake [that's what she asked for], and Winnie the Pooh birthday hats. Whatever she opened, she was so excited to get, it was so cute. Her cake was "The bear went over the mountain" cake. Lydia's was a pink hat. Georgie was glad to have cake, which by the way, I still haven't mastered here. This is only the 4th and 5th cake I've made that didn't fall. I followed every high altitude suggestion to make sure these didn't fall (more egg, flour, liquid, less b.p), and they came out as a dense as a (five) pound-cake! But since the kids only eat the frosting, I guess it really doesn't matter!
We praise the Lord for the blessing of two little girls especially today! Last night, I saw a dad walking down the street, holding a roughly-2-year-old twin girl in each arm, and I got really sentimental! Mine are four already, and one practically five!!
2 comments:
Yeah! An update! I love looking at your beautiful children and enjoy your witty writings! What a great birthday party!
Your children are ALL babies! You don't even know what it means to have them grow up, yet! Remember that! Love this age the most, whatever age it is!!
hey renee, well the birthday was awhile ago but i'm just now checking it out. happy belated birthday to the twins. you all seem happy and content there in bogota. ramon graduates in december so yeah we'll finally be out of here. i have a blog to. you can to go it at www.bornagainmomma.blogspot.com
leave me a message bye erin
Post a Comment