Blog Archive
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Neighbors
In front of our house there is a street, and on the other side of the street a fence. It separates our house from the next group of gated houses. Lately there has been a dad out quite often with his daughter playing ball. Today the ball (I think purposely) flew over the fence to Davey, who, 4 tries later, got it back to them (I think he has my athletic ability). Anyways, they started playing catch over the fence, the dad and Davey. I was so thankful as David is gone this weekend and Davey was loving the attention. Then the daughter started talking to me in English. The kids who go to private schools usually know English. Before long the sister of the girl came out, too. They are really really sweet girls, one is 15 and the other 13 named Melissa and Valeria. Valeria showed us a way to sneak through the fence, so she came over and chased the kids around for probably 45 minutes. You can tell the whole family loves kids. Well, it came out that all the neighbors are very curious about this strange gringo family with so many kids. So I think they wanted to find out the scoop to satisfy everyone's curiousity. But I was thankful because the day was dragging by then and it was a nice break and very nice to be outside. Their grandma owns a chalet in a town called Armenia in hot country, and runs it as a bed and breakfast. The people here have been so so friendly, I can't understand the bad reputation Colombia has. But then, I haven't met any guerillas lately!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nee Nee, Thanks for the update. Have you gotten used to your new name? It is hard for me to imagine you talking to the neighbor and introducing yourself as Ellena! Did I get your new name right? I so enjoyed the update. Love you, Bethie
Post a Comment