I forgot one part of the story when we were visiting the camp in La Vega. I was walking around with Marcella, the care-takers wife. She was showing me around and picked some fruit off a tree. I forget the name, but it was yellow-greenish and you eat the skin and the insides and everything. Kind of a dry fruit, but tasted OK. I was feeling pretty back to nature, walking along in the mountains of Colombia eating fruit right off the tree. She handed me another fruit. I was about 3/4 of the way done when I noticed my fruit was MOVING. It was SWARMING with larva...eeewww. So I pointed it out to her. She said "Just pick them out. Even if you eat them, nothing bad will happen". But I couldn't do it. I threw it over the hill. She picked another one and said, "There this one has less". I threw that one away much more discretely so she wouldn't hand me any more.
Georgie is scooching rapidly but not crawling. He does the bummy-crawl, sort of scooching along on his bummy. He has pulled himself up by himself twice now. He flaps his arms and kicks his legs when he's excited which is quite often. It looks like he's a hurt bird trying to fly, like one that Jacob might catch!
The other night David was getting Julia ready for bed. He found pink PJ bottoms but no top, so he just put a clean purple shirt. Shortly after that, Julia came and found me. "I can't wear this", she said. It just made us laugh that she wasn't able to go to sleep in unmatching PJs!
Blog Archive
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment