Blog Archive

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Davey's feet

As most of you know, Davey has had some pretty awful cracked feet most of his life. I had his pediatrician look at them several times and tried several medicines while we were living in the states, but none seemed to help. The pediatrician here was shocked by the sight of them. We’ve gotten so used to them, they don’t seem that bad. But she kept saying “horrible”, “que horrrrrriiiiible” at the sight of the deep cracks with embedded dirt and blood, and quickly gave us some new medicine. Well, I put it on once or twice but wasn’t too hopeful. When I took Georgie in 2 months later for his next round of vaccinations, the pediatrician asked if Davey’s feet were improved. I sheepishly told her I hadn’t been putting the medicine on very faithfully (like twice in two months). She exhorted me and told me just twice a day for two months and it would be improved. So I came home ready to try so I wouldn’t get in trouble again. Well, less than two weeks into it they are greatly improved! Last night I went to put the foot medicine on again, and he said “Mom, I like my feet scratchy and cracked”. I said “Why, because you get so much attention from it?” “Yeah”, he said, “I like the attention”. “Well”, I said, “You can do other things to get attention. Like you’re reading really well, you could read, or you can stand on your head”. “OK”, he said, “I guess I’ll stand on my head a lot more”.

No comments: